Yours lovingly...

Dear human,

It's been a few days since I am finding myself at ease. Finally, I am able to breathe freely. I guess there's no need to specify since when. Do you know the winds blow differently now? I have heard them whispering their happiness all along. Do you know the trees are swaying in these winds all day long, as if dancing happily to their rhythm? Do you know the sky is actually looking blue, more like radiant blue? Have you heard the birds chirping every now and then, as if they have regained their beautiful voice which they had lost amidst the noise pollution? Do you know the animals for once, are at liberty, wandering not just in their own habitats but also in your vicinity? Have you noticed? Surely you might have. Well, all of them have been wondering where you are these days. Some are bemused by the sudden lack of ongoing human activity, or let's just say that we are so used to human intervention that your sudden absence seems a bit strange.

It's a pandemic, I know. The situation is getting worse and you are helpless. I feel sorry for you and I mean it. I know some of you are feeling as if you are locked in your own house. But you know what, this is exactly the same I have been feeling for years together. No, I am not here with another global warming lecture. Frankly speaking, I am done explaining that long ago.

By the way, did you see the pollution levels drop worldwide? Ain't it amazing? Are you liking the air you breathe now? Less polluted, isn't it? But you know what the sad part about this is? I am thriving in your absence. It's like, you have moved out and I have found my own space. I never wanted it to be this way though. I have always wished we could live in harmony. Sadly, many of you never agreed to it. Can't it be like the old times? I mean, we thriving together? Is it that difficult? All we have to do is just care about each other's existence. Well, I have always cared about yours and no matter what, I have always ended up accepting your decisions regarding me, whether they were in my favour or not. There were times when i ended up reacting in ways where you faced destruction. However, sole reason for it being the unbearable pain that I went through. Natural disasters these days are triggered due to human activities, I have heard scientists saying so. Still, I wish I could somehow contain them. But some activities are such, they render me helpless.

I have always tried to connect with you, I have always tried to communicate. But except for a few, no one ever paid heed. This lockdown is just a small example of how we could work towards surviving together. Again, I am not here to tell you what you need to do, as you already know that by now. All you need are just some consistent efforts which will benefit not only you, but even your future generations. I want to thrive in your presence, with you! I want 'us' to exist peacefully. We still have a long way to go, with each other and not without. I am still trying to connect with you. I am still trying to communicate .... Are you listening?

                   Yours lovingly,
Nature.

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Wrapped

You

Ready to meet your companion yet?